Environmental Carbon Footprint Services
Carbon Footprint accounts for the full inventory of all greenhouse gas emissions released throughout the product life cycle and focuses on one metric in CO2-eq. units. The life cycle analysis process and procedures are required to calculate the carbon footprint. Companies determining the carbon footprint of their products can benefit from the assistance of an external LCA practitioner. LCA Design Corporation conducts carbon footprint calculations based on ISO 14067:2018 standards which specifies the principles, requirements and guidelines for the quantification and reporting of the carbon footprint of a product and also in compliance with ISO 14040/44 standards for life cycle assessment.
- Graphically represent the product in a life cycle system process design diagram
- Collate data in life cycle inventory
- Collect measured data from the company and process information from databases
- Identify data gaps and uncertainties
- Engineering estimates for unknowns
- Model product system in GaBi LCA software to calculate the carbon footprint
- Compile carbon footprint results into a useful report
Life cycle analysis and carbon footprint results can be used in certifications for Amazon’s Climate Pledge Friendly to highlight sustainable products and businesses, such as the three certifications below:
Carbonfree Certified determine the carbon footprint of the product and associated carbon emissions are offset with reduction projects.
ECOLOGO certified products meet standards that can reduce the environmental impact of one or more stages of the product lifecycle.
If you would like to learn more, please contact us.