Carbon Footprint Services
A carbon footprint is the total amount of greenhouse gases produced to, directly and indirectly, support human activities. Typically, it is used to measure the impact of personal, business, or governmental actions on climate change and global warming. Activities such as driving a car, heating a home, or manufacturing a product all have associated carbon footprints.
The life cycle analysis process and procedures are required to calculate the carbon footprint. The carbon footprint accounts for the full inventory of all greenhouse gas emissions released throughout the product life cycle and focuses on one metric in CO2-eq. units. Companies determining the impacts of their products can benefit from the assistance of an external LCA practitioner. LCA Design Corporation conducts the calculations based on ISO 14067:2018 standards. The ISO standards specify the principles, requirements, and guidelines for the quantification and reporting of the carbon footprint of a product. Additionally, it complies with ISO 14040/44 standards for life cycle assessment.
LCA Design will work with your company to complete the following:
- Graphically represent the product in a life cycle process system diagram
- Collate data in life cycle inventory
- Collect measured data from the company and process information from databases
- Identify data gaps and uncertainties
- Engineering estimates for unknowns
- Model product system in GaBi LCA software
- Compile results into a useful report
Life cycle assessment can be used in certifications for Amazon’s Climate Pledge Friendly to highlight sustainable products and businesses.
If you would like to learn more, please contact us.